Frequently asked questions
Where will the playground be located?
There are currently two playgrounds on the Recreation Ground – one, for under seven years old, near the Langley Road entrance and one, for over seven years old, near the Pavilion and adjacent to Station Road (A4189). The two playgrounds will be combined into one for all ages and be located near the Pavilion.
What happens if you raise more money than the target?
There are several items that the committee would like to purchase, should we be able to raise more funds. For example:
- Grass Matting - we would like the grass matting to cover the whole of the playground’s footprint. Currently the matting is simply under the pieces of the equipment.
- Supernova – a large, slanting ring that is set in motion by the children. Turning, spinning, balancing or just enjoying the ride are among the countless play options of the Supernova.
- Flower Talk Tubes
Where will my money go?
Every penny raised will go to the new Claverdon playground.
How can I help?
- Donate - every donation, of every size, helps us get closer to achieving the target
- Quiz and Chips Night – come along! It will be a fun and entertaining evening. Come as a team of six or individually, and we will put you in a team on the night.
- Companies – do you know a company that might like to sponsor the playground. There will be a permanent plaque at the entrance to the playground to recognise their contribution, as well as publicity online, and at the Official Opening. Please contact us for more information.
- Other ways – if you have any other ideas or suggestions, please do get in touch.